Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Who is Hallwings? Video Games

Now, let's talk about some of my favorite video games.

I first got into video games when I was about 4 or 5 years old, somewhere around there.  My very first video game system was an original Game Boy.  At one time or another, I also owned a Nintendo Entertainment System (original version, the one with the bleeding blinking red light), a Sega Genesis (model one), a Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, and a Game Boy Color.  I currently own a Sony PlayStation 2,Nintendo Gamecube (w/Game Boy Player), Nintendo Game Boy Advance SP, Nintendo DS (original), a Nintendo Wii, and a RetroDuo System (NES and Super Nintendo, although at the moment, I don't own any NES cartridges).  I've also played Sega Master System games, TurboGrafx-16 games (albeit on the Virtual Console), Game Gear games, Sony Playstation 1 games, Xbox Games, and Xbox 360 games.

Among my favorite actual games are...
  • Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Super Mario Bros. 2 (both the Japanese and American versions)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario 64
  • New Super Mario Bros. (DS version)
  • Super Mario Land
  • Super Mario Land 2
  • Wario Land:  Super Mario Land 3
  • Donkey Kong
  • Donkey Kong, Jr.
  • Donkey Kong '94 (Game Boy)
  • Donkey Kong Country
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Donkey Kong Country 3
  • Donkey Kong 64
  • The Legend of Zelda
  • Zelda II:  The Adventure of Link
  • Zelda:  A Link to the Past
  • Zelda:  Link's Awakening
  • Zelda:  Ocarina of Time
  • Zelda:  Majora's Mask
  • Zelda:  Oracle of Seasons
  • Zelda:  Oracle of Ages
  • Zelda:  The Wind Waker
  • Zelda:  Twilight Princess
  • Metroid
  • Super Metroid
  • Kirby's Dream Land
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Kirby's Dream Land 2
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby 64
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 64
  • F-Zero
  • Ice Climber
  • Game & Watch Gallery games
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic 2
  • Sonic 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • and some other games which I can't come up with on the top of my head right now
As you can probably tell, I'm more into games from the 80s and 90s, though I do have some favorites from the 70s, as well as the 2000s.  And I'm also more of a Nintendo nut, though I do like Sonic (at least, the earlier games).

Expect to see more later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Hallwings, it's Phinal. Looks like you have a love of old-school great Nintendo games with a dash of Sega. Something else we have in common my friend :)

Fantasy Leader said...

Nice list. I'm basically a Sony and Nintendo VG type guy. ;)